- Room 1: 1 cm of water on the bathroom floor, with more water dripping through the ceiling. OK, they had a second room for us. The lady at the front desk was very courteous.
- Room 2: only 2 towels total. OK, one can serve as the bathmat, the second we shared.
- Shower hose: burst upon use. When repaired, the new hose was too short for the head to mount in the holder on the wall.
- Safe: locked, and no sign of a key anywhere. Was a previous guest's possessions still in it?
- Hot water: we had plenty, but some of our friends in other rooms never had any.
- Elevator: worked, but the electronic display showed floor 6 all the time, and there was no sign of any type of safety inspection.
- Breakfast: the fruit was good, but the rest mediocre. The tablecloths were stained and clearly well-used. In the hotel's defense, much of the food in Cuba as of early 2017 is not skillfully prepared.
Color photographs taken with a Fuji X-E1 digital camera. In the first picture, I used a Leica 50mm Summicon lens on my Fuji. The black and white photograph is a Tri-X 400 exposure taken with a Leica M2 camera. Click any picture to expand to 1600 pixels wide.